Thursday, December 5, 2013

My Daily Hundreds Chart

I love counting the number of days of we have been in school!
I have my students use the number of days we've been in school as a daily math lesson!
I have a chart prepared each day that looks like this:
Each day, I write a student's name at the top.  (I go in ABC order.) 
Here are pictures of the completed chart and sections of the chart:
Completed Chart



They have to draw the number using tens and ones

Then they have to come up with all the different ways of making that number.  This takes lots of practice!  Students eventually see the pattern are easily able to do it.

After circling whether the number is odd or even, my students say a chant.  Today's chant was "0, 2, 4, 6, 8, even numbers are so great!"

My odd chant is "1, 3, 5, 7, 9, those odd numbers are so fine!"

I model this process for the first fifteen or so days of school.  The students love to do this!  I also allow them to take their paper home at the end of the day.  They are so excited to share the paper with their family!

Thanks for reading!
Have a good night! :-)
Stacey



No comments:

Post a Comment

Synergize: Together is Better - Nascar Style

  Created the image with two separate images found on Google. I had the pleasure of teaching summer school this summer.  I was not at my usu...