Wednesday, February 13, 2019

100th Day of School - 2019

Image from here.

Today we celebrated our 100th day of school!  We had so much fun!

I decided that I was going to have my name on me 100 times - because I'm pretty sure I hear my name AT LEAST 100 times a day!



Shout out to the Bar-T staff for helping me with my back!

I even put baby powder in my hair.....


Some of my students dressed the part today too!

During the morning and part of the afternoon, the students rotated through seven centers.

Note:  We had so much fun that I didn't take as many pictures as I wanted to, but here is what I have!

Center #1: Draw a picture with the digits 1, 0, 0.  I found this idea on Pinterest and thought it was so cute!




Center #2: 100 chain links.  (I think we made more than 100!)  We were going to see how long it was and identify items that were longer / shorter / taller / smaller than our chain, but we ran out of time.





Center #3:  The students wrote what they would do if they had $100. 



Center #4: 100 hearts - students traced and cut out hearts.  Then they wrote kind things on them.  We didn't quite get to 100, but I will have the students finish them tomorrow during Valentine's Day.  



Center #5: Students collaborated to complete a 100 piece puzzle!  The puzzle didn't get finished until the last rotation - how lucky were we!




Center #6: Students created 100 Lincoln Hats.  The students are going to measure items using the Lincoln hats.



Center #7:  The students drew pictures of themselves at age 100! (Thanks to third grade for letting us borrow the mirrors!)


After the centers were finished, my teammate brought her class down.  A former teammate of ours who is retired, came in and read The Wolf's Chicken Stew.  If you've never read it, it's so cute!  The wolf is trying to fatten up a chicken so he can make a tasty stew.  He makes 100 doughnuts, 100 pancakes, and a cake that weighs 100 pounds!  I won't give away the ending - but it's fabulous!




After reading the story, we made our OWN stew!  (I found this idea here and modified it. slightly.)
We used popcorn, pretzels, Goldfish, Cheeze-its, Kix, Cheerios, Fruit Loops, Raisins, marshmallows, and M & M's. 


After mixing it up in a big bag, each student got a cup full to eat while they watched Emily's First 100 Days of School.

All in all, it was an AMAZING 100th day of school! 
Now I need to switch gears and get ready for our Valentine's Party tomorrow!

Take care!
~Stacey~


No comments:

Post a Comment

Synergize: Together is Better - Nascar Style

  Created the image with two separate images found on Google. I had the pleasure of teaching summer school this summer.  I was not at my usu...