Thursday, January 23, 2014

Long time....no update

Hey everyone!

I'm sorry it's been so long since I've posted!  I meant to update this past weekend BUT I forgot to take pictures before leaving work for the weekend!  Due to the MLK holiday, a teacher workday, and a snow day, today was my first day back!!!  My pictures are now ready to go!!!!

I don't believe I posted this in my last entry or not.  I made this several years ago and put it up each year.  My students LOVE it!
I'm not sure how well you can see, but the outline of the board has tickets for the Polar Express.  My students painted them with gold glitter paint!

Once we came back from winter break, we had fun talking about our New Year's Resolutions!  This is what the kids came up with!!!


So cute!  The students had fun brainstorming ideas and then making their person!

Our school just started this GOOD LEARNERS ASK GOOD QUESTIONS activity.  As students ask good questions, they are written on the small clouds which are then put on the big cloud.  The small clouds will be collected each week and put in the front hall for all to see.  Here are a few pics:




In case you couldn't tell, the questions my first graders asked had to do with MLK.  (We were watching OUR FRIEND MARTIN.  We stopped several times to discuss things and they asked some AMAZING questions!)

Speaking of Dr. King, here is one activity we did:
 


The students gathered facts about Martin and wrote about his life!  They did a great job!

Then in small groups, we discussed Martin's dreams for the future.  Afterwards, we talked about our dreams and wrote about them. 
Our Dream Bulletin Board

Close up on description of bulletin board

Close up


Sorry it's blurry.


Love this one!!! :-)

So today was our first day back!  It was also a 2 hour delay.  I read THE SNOWY DAY and then they made these cute snow pictures!



I LOVE how they turned out!!!!  So adorable!

All right, that's all for now!  Hopefully, I'll update more often!

Good night!

Stacey

No comments:

Post a Comment

Synergize: Together is Better - Nascar Style

  Created the image with two separate images found on Google. I had the pleasure of teaching summer school this summer.  I was not at my usu...