Friday, November 7, 2014

50th Day of School

Today was the 50th day of school!
No joke, it's one of my FAVORITE days of the year!!!!  Why????  It's 50's day in my room!  I did the same thing last year.

I started off decorating my room this morning!








My co-teacher and I dressed up!!!


The kids dressed up too but I'll post those pictures later on in the post!

During center rotations, the kids worked on a few 50th day worksheets I purchased from TPT.  They compared the 1950s to today.  That is ALWAYS a blast! Especially when you tell them that TV back then was in black and white and you only had 3 channels!  Their reactions are PRICELESS!!!  During art center, they made a record.  (I'll have to post the record pictures next time.)

After lunch, we did a writing craft inspired by Cara Carroll! 











 I'm putting those up on the bulletin board Monday.  I'll make sure to take pics and post them next time!

Next, we made root beer floats!  The kids enjoyed watching the ice cream float to the top.  Some of them LOVED the root beer floats.  Most just loved the ice cream! :-)


Here are a few pics of the kids before our dance party...




I LOVE my firsties!!!!!  So cute!

Now it's PARTY TIME!  First we did the limbo!


Then we danced our hearts out!








Then we were hula hooping!



I can't even begin to tell you how tired the kids were at the end of the day! I definitely had a few kids who were ready to fall asleep!!!

Next week, the students will do an opinion writing on their favorite thing about the 50th day of school.  They will also write an informative piece on how to make a root beer float! :-)

I don't know about you, but all this 50's fun has me worn out!

Thanks for reading!
Have a great night and a great weekend!!!

Stacey


No comments:

Post a Comment

Synergize: Together is Better - Nascar Style

  Created the image with two separate images found on Google. I had the pleasure of teaching summer school this summer.  I was not at my usu...