Friday, August 30, 2019

Classroom Tour 2019 - 2020

Image from here.

Welcome to a new school year!

I've been teaching since 2005.  I spent my first three years teaching second grade.  Then, I spent a year teaching third before I moved down to first grade. I continued to stay in first grade - until now! I am officially back in third grade!  (No, I am not changing the name of my blog or my teacher Instagram page.)  I am excited AND nervous about third grade!  So much has changed since I last taught third grade eleven years ago, but I know I will work hard for my students!

New grade level means new classroom!  I am grateful to finally have windows!  (My old classroom didn't have windows.)  However, I am sad to lose my HUGE closet.  I have taken so much home with me since I don't have the space for it.  After eight days of working in my classroom, it now lives up to my standards!  So without further ado, I give you the 2019 - 2020 tour of my classroom!

This is my bulletin board outside my classroom.  I am doing a superhero theme this year.  I thought the cityscape would be"super" cool.  My bulletin board isn't done yet - I will finish it on Tuesday! :-) 

I found the sign on Pinterest YEARS ago.  As far as the little person, our art teacher made that for a hockey movie my students made a few years ago.



Earlier this summer, I attended the Get Your Teach On conference in Dallas, Texas.  I had the BEST TIME!  On the last day, all of the presenters and volunteers stood up in front of us and sang "This Is Me," from The Greatest Showman.  I've always loved that song, but I love it even more now!  I wanted to have this quote hanging up in my room so I purchased it off Teachers Pay Teachers.  Two of my amazing volunteers hung that up on the wall for me.  (THANK YOU EMILY AND TANYA!)




Someone shared this on Facebook and I knew I had to have this in my classroom!


My husband and my father in-law made the stage and the step for me! <3 
The art teacher made the decorations.


  





The Washington Capitals sent me the banner this past spring! 
The "I am unbreakable!" quote was something I made after the Get Your Teach On conference as well!  Brittany Sinitch made us all say it after she told us her story. (She taught at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida.)  Her words struck a chord with me and I knew I wanted to make a sign with that quote.

My cozy, comfy, book corner.  The big rugs are from Dormco.com

The map came from Amazon.



Another quote from Get Your Teach On.

T.J. Oshie is my favorite Caps player!







If you would like to see how this all fits together, check out my video tour!

You might be wondering where all of my desks are.  I went deskless several years ago.  You can read all about that here.

I am looking forward to a fantastic year in third grade!

Thanks for stopping by!

~Stacey~

 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Synergize: Together is Better - Nascar Style

  Created the image with two separate images found on Google. I had the pleasure of teaching summer school this summer.  I was not at my usu...