Saturday, November 30, 2013

My First Post!

Good afternoon and WELCOME to my first (of what I hope is many) blog postings! My name is Stacey Lynch. I am a first grade teacher in Maryland! I've been teaching for 9 years now. (I've also taught 2nd and 3rd grades.)

I'm married to my wonderful husband and we have a fur baby (our 60 pound dog!)

I've been taking pictures of the activities my students do and posting them on Pinterest (Addiction #1) and Facebook (Addiction #2).  I figured it was about time to start a blog that my pictures can be attached to!

At this time, I have not created any materials for TPT (Addiction #3) but I hope to start that in 2014.

Since this is my first post, I'm including pictures of how my classroom is set up!

The first picture is of my welcome back bulletin board.


The next 2 pictures are of my book corner / desk area.  I have a Chicka Chicka Boom Boom tree behind that area.  I made the tree out of pool noodles (covered in brown paper.)  I have pillows that I put in book corner.  (Picture 4) The kids lean on them / against them when they're in book corner.  They love it!



The next picture shows my marble jar and easel.  (I use my easel mainly for our number of the day work. I'll have to get a picture of that to share!)


The next picture shows my reading table complete with green fringe! (I love adding color to my room that way!) Behind the reading table, you can see my big 1-120 board! (Also in the next photo.)  Truth - I made that out of a $2 shower curtain, (with some duct tape, and a sharpie!)  My kids love it and use it all the time!



Next is my sink area (which I've decorated with a floral table cloth.)  Then my computer area complete with truffula trees!



There is more to my classroom but for now, these pictures will do!
Thanks for visiting and I hope to update this on a regular basis!

Stacey

2 comments:

  1. I love the hula grass around your small group table! I will be doing the same for the tables in my classroom for the approaching school year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you love it! My students and I had rules about not touching the grass skirt - because it was plastic, the grass skirt had many pieces missing by the end of the year! Trying to find something sturdier for this upcoming school year! (But it did look fantastic!!!) :-)

      Delete

Synergize: Together is Better - Nascar Style

  Created the image with two separate images found on Google. I had the pleasure of teaching summer school this summer.  I was not at my usu...