Saturday, November 30, 2013

September / October Posts

Since I'm just starting my blog, I wanted to play catch up and post some pictures from earlier in the school year!

One of the things I decided to do was read Have You Filled a Bucket Today?.  It really hit home with the students! (Still today, they will say things like "Thanks for filling my bucket!" or "You are a bucket dipper!)  I followed up by reading some of the other books by the same author.  I also read Each Kindness.  It is an AMAZING book.  Check it out here on Amazon!  
http://www.amazon.com/Each-Kindness-Addams-Award-Awards/dp/0399246525/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1385838713&sr=1-1&keywords=each+kindness 
 Anyway, as a follow up, we created our own buckets.  (I saw this on the Jammin' in the Jungle News blog)  This was the result of our project: 


The kids had a great time making these!

We also made fall kindness trees! On *most* of the leaves, are ways to be kind to others!


To add to our fall setting / theme, we made scarecrows!  I got this idea from The Kindergarten Smorgasboard (He is soooooo awesome!)






Unfortunately, this is all I took pictures of the first 2 months of school. My next post will be all about November (and by golly it was a busy month!!!)

:-)
Stacey

No comments:

Post a Comment

Synergize: Together is Better - Nascar Style

  Created the image with two separate images found on Google. I had the pleasure of teaching summer school this summer.  I was not at my usu...