Saturday, November 30, 2013

THANKSGIVING!!!

2021 Edit:  As I look back on my posts, I realize that some of the things I blogged about over the years, do not reflect accurate information.  For example:  Thanksgiving.  I realize I could easily delete the parts that include false information, but I'm not going to do that at this time.  I now know better.  Please fact check everything with regards to Thanksgiving.  Otherwise, I hope you enjoy some of the other activities we did with Thanksgiving. 

GOBBLE GOBBLE Y'ALL!!!!!

Thanksgiving is my FAVORITE holiday!  I love the message behind it!  (Granted we should be thankful everyday but still!)   We had quite a busy Thanksgiving!

We made Pilgrims on a Mayflower ship:

Sorry for this being sideways!  I don't know how to rotate it on here. (It's already rotated in my picture album!)




 So I got the ADORABLE patterns for the Pilgrims from First Grade Wow! We read Sarah Morton's Day and Samuel Eaton's Day.  We generated a list of facts about Pilgrim children, and then each student wrote down those facts!

They loved making those Pilgrims and LOVE seeing them sailing on the Mayflower!

We also had a HUGE Thanksgiving feast in my classroom! 
We had deli style turkey, sweet potato casserole, green beans, corn, cornbread, cranberry sauce, pumpkin pie, and I think that's it!

We made Mayflower name tags and I used blue tablecloths so it would like the ships are sailing!




I wish you could see their faces but they're adorable!



Everything was delicious!  My students really enjoyed their feast! :-)

ENJOY!
Stacey

No comments:

Post a Comment

Synergize: Together is Better - Nascar Style

  Created the image with two separate images found on Google. I had the pleasure of teaching summer school this summer.  I was not at my usu...