Saturday, June 17, 2017

Hockey Movie Reflection

Image from here

WE DID IT! Our hockey movie is finished and we showed it last week to students, staff, parents, other family members, and special visitors!  There were so many times throughout this entire process where I said, "I have no idea HOW this is going to get done!"  It truly did seem impossible!  

Once the script writing, scenery building, uniforms, and EVERYTHING else was done, we started filming.

We started with the locker room scenes.  For a locker room tour, click here.





On the chairs of the locker room are their skates (made out of socks,) and helmets, (made out of krispy kreme hats.)  The player's names are on the lockers along with a hat.

I made the coach a special shirt and I'm told she LOVES it!

Next we filmed all of our hockey scenes.  For a tour of our "rink," click here.  Then we filmed our short bus scene.  One of our AWESOME bus drivers stayed late one morning so we could use her bus.  (THANK YOU!)  

After all of the filming was done, I had a lot of editing to do.  I used Movavi Video Software.  Seriously, if you are going to be editing any sort of video, it's worth the money to purchase Movavi! I loved their product so much, I sent them the following letter:


Once everything was said and done, it was time to put together our movie theater!  We turned the gathering room into our movie theater!  Here's a quick video tour of our movie theater. 

Our amazing art teacher made the following for us:



Each student made a hockey stick.  We had this at the entrance to our theater.


Then it was time to get started!!!

Here comes our first guest!


Our ticket takers are ready!

Of course we had popcorn!

Our awesome art teacher is so excited to come to the movie!

First showing
Now, I tweeted and emailed pretty much EVERYONE associated with the Washington Capitals hoping I could get someone to come to the movie.  I wasn't going to get my hopes up, but I figured at least I could say I tried.  I am happy to say my efforts produced some results!

Caps play-by-play announcer, Joe Beninati, came to one of our movies on our movie premiere day!!  Caps reporter, Smokin' Al Koken came to one of our movies on our third day!!
MY STUDENTS WERE SOOOOOOOOO EXCITED!!!!!  (Okay, so was I!!!)  It was incredibly wonderful of them to take time out of their day to come out to our movie!



The response to our movie has been amazing!  Both Tim and I are hearing that people want a sequel next year!  We will have to wait and see!

We have parent permission to share the video.  So here it is!

Finally, our movie by the numbers:
  • 6+ months researching, planning, and putting together
  • 2.5 days of filming
  • Countless hours editing
  • 3 movie days
  • 12 movie showings
  • 500+ students viewed the movie
  • 39 happy students who will never forget this experience!
  • 1 tired, but very happy, teacher!
To see the process of our project, visit the links below.









Thank you to everyone for your help and support throughout this entire project!  I truly appreciate it all!

~Mrs. Lynch~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Synergize: Together is Better - Nascar Style

  Created the image with two separate images found on Google. I had the pleasure of teaching summer school this summer.  I was not at my usu...